Job Title: Data Scientist
Reports To: VP of Data Science
FLSA Status: Exempt
DeepHealth is a Cambridge, MA-based subsidiary of RadNet, Inc and is a leading developer of artificial intelligence (AI) for medical imaging interpretation. Our mission at DeepHealth is to enable the best care by providing products that clinicians and patients can trust, through rigorous science, and clinical integration.
The Data Scientist is responsible for maximizing the value of rich date resources available. This person will independently investigate and derive actionable insights to drive improvement for research and development and for the clinical deployment of DeepHealth products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize statistics, data mining, and programming knowledge to analyze clinical data and present insights to key stakeholders.
- Identify patterns to drive improvement of research, product development, and clinical deployment.
- Generate and test hypotheses independently.
- Investigate and improve data quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze product performance.
- Summarize data in concise reports including tables, plots, and other visual representations.
- Document analysis for the engineering and clinical teams.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, math, statistics, engineering (M.S. preferred).
- At least two (2) years of experience (five plus (5+) years preferred).
- Expertise in Python and scientific libraries such as numpy and pandas.
- Expertise with data visualization techniques.
- Experience working with medical data.
- Experience evaluating machine learning models.
- Experience evaluating clinical performance preferred.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques is preferred.
- Strong individual team contributor and collaborator.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Communicates, cooperates, and consistently functions professionally and harmoniously with all levels of supervision, co-workers, patients, visitors, and vendors.
- Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, and integrity, and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Follows all local, state, and federal laws concerning employment to include but not limited to: I-9, Harassment, EEOC, Civil rights, and ADA.
- Follows OSHA regulations, RadNet, and site protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Follows HIPAA, compliance, privacy, safety, and confidentiality standards at all times.
- Practices universal safety precautions.
- Promotes good public relations on the phone and in person.
- Adapts and is willing to learn new tasks, methods, and systems.
- Reports to work regularly as scheduled; consistently punctual with respect to working hours and lunch schedules, and maintains satisfactory personal attendance in accordance with RadNet guidelines.
- Consistently adheres to the time management policies and procedures.
- Completes job responsibilities in a quality and timely manner.
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching with hands and arms, using hands and fingers, handling, or feeling, speaking, listening, and high-level cognitive thinking. Must be able to use a computer and other office machinery including copiers, scanners, and computer software. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally. The position requires the ability to travel (~20% of the time), drive a vehicle, and utilize other forms of transportation.
Contact Us About This Position
We’re always looking for talented, motivated individuals to join our team – get in touch!